The Hottest DCEmu Posters
:: Emulation Gaming & Development News
Emulators for PS2 Pages
NAME PS2 Mame
Description PS2 Mame is an Arcade Emulator for the
Playstation 2 Console.
0.5 - A prof of concept demo
Well.. guess you all can guess what this is? It's a very simple
MAME v0.37B16 to PS2. Not optimized or with any fancy gui
NOTE: This is only a alpha/tech demo. Don't call me and cry
help/features/sound/etc.. It will not run all games! Or, it
likely try to run them, but they will not work or run veery
It runs old '80s games pretty well. It runs into performance
some late 80's games. Though I've only tried a handful of
tried MAME before I started this project, and found it more
than really fun.
I won't fix any bugs or improve it. Been there done that,
time to spend
time on more useful stuff.
Someone else will probably release a better version later.Usage:
This version only works from naplink, since it will use it's
system to load the gamelist and roms. You could try and burn
it on a cd,
if you need another coaster for you party.
The system must be setup like this:
1. The file 'HOST:gamelist.txt' should contain the name of
available, one rom on each row. It's the rom name rather than
(i.e. 'gng' and 'fshark' instead of 'Ghost and goblins' and
shark'). Maximum number of games is 30!
2. The roms should be placed in a directory accessable by
can unzip zip-files, so just throw pacman.zip in the roms
that it's better to unzip large games, since RAM is limited
unzipping eats some mem. Unzipped games should be in 'roms/gamename'
* One can type 'OK' by pressing LEFT then RIGHT.
* 'R2' gives you credits. 'Start'.. well, take a guess.
* It might work to press 'L3' (Esc) to quit the current game
and return to
the game selector. Though the next game might throw up on
* Disabling FM emulation (music), or even all sounds, might
games run at full speed. Sound is awful anyway if frames are
* Only NTSC supported. Live with it.
* Only one pad is supported. See above.
* It looks for libsd in rom0. Sorry .jp owners.Credits:
Big thanks to Sjeep, for writing and releasing his pcm sound
And a big No ThankZ goes to whining site owners with no clue.