The Hottest DCEmu Posters
:: Emulation Gaming & Development News
PS2 Independence Installer Readme
Exploit: Marcus R. Brown
This simple program will install the PS2 Independence exploit
from a CDROM
onto a PS2 memory card. The usage directions are:
1) Create your TITLES.DB file using the utility found at
2) Create a CD compilation, using the following layout:
- All files from the archive (except this file) placed in
the root of the
compilation, including the FILES directory and its contents,
do not plan to use ps2link as the boot program for the exploit
(see below). The file layout of your compilation at this stage
look similar to the following:
- Your TITLES.DB file is also placed in the root directory,
3) Burn as a MODE2/XA CD.
4) Using whatever method you wish, boot the CD you just created
on your PS2.
This will install the exploit and related files onto your
(files are stored in the "Your System Configuration"
5) Once the installation is complete, pop in an original PSX
game and reboot
your PS2. You should be greeted with the ps2link screen if
gone according to plan.
NOTE: You are not limited to using ps2link with this exploit.
app will copy any files it finds in the \FILES directory on
your CD into
the "Your System Configuration" save on your memory
card, along with the
actual exploit data. You can replace the ps2link files shipped
archive with whatever you want.