May 28th, 2012, 00:06 Posted By: wraggster
modrobert writes: "So, the cat is out of the bag regarding the PlayStation 4 (project 'Orbis') specifications. I found some info over at ps3hax.net (original source playnation.de) where they regard it as a 'rumor', but it looks pretty solid (real) to me. The document on the photo is dated to 2012-03-30 including this blurb; 'On-Going Project - All Information May Be Subject To Change', keep this in mind. Console ETA Q4 2013.
Here are the major PS4 specs as of 2012-03-30 in ASCII format:
* CPU: 22nm Cell Broadband Engine X Processor @3.2 GHz with 16PPEs and 128 SPEs
* GPU: 22nm Custom Nvidia/SCEI 'Quantum Leap' GPU @2GHz - based on a GK104 x2 Kepler Architecture
* Memory: 10GB XDR2 + 10GB GDDR6
* Storage Capacity: Included 250GB/320GB Model depending (Upgradable)
* Operating System: Sony Aether GUI
* Maximum Video Resolution: 2160p 2D and 1080p 3D
* Maximum Audio: 11.1
* Media Formats: PS4 Game Disc, PS3 Game Disc, PS2 Game Disc, PS1 Game Disc, HD Blu-Ray Disc, DVD, CD and Digital Distribution
* Controller Input: DUALSHOCK 4, DUALSHOCK 3, PS Iris, PS Vita, PS Omni, PS Certified Xperia, Sony Tablet, PS Move, PS Eye, Sixaxis, Remote Controller, USB Controllers, Keyboard and Mouse
* Connectivity: USB 3.0, HDMI 1.4, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Ethernet, PS Vita Memory Cards, MMC/SD/SDHC/SDXC and XQD Memory Cards support"
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 3 comments - Join In and Discuss Here